Guidelines and ResourcesMore content coming here soon (if you'd like to contribute, esp. if you are from a group under-represented in tech, please get in touch)!
For now you should read what is for me the ultimate guide on codes of conduct at the Geek Feminism Wiki
I will say two things now though, bothh of which are brilliantly emphasized in Karolina Szczur's blog post:
- 1. Having a Code of Conduct is not enough! It must be part of a broader inclusion strategy (and can be harmful if it's not).
- 2. Your Code of Conduct must be enforceable. If you aren't prepared to take specific actions against well-defined unacceptable behaviours thenthere's no point in having the guide there at all.
Check out these links for more info on:
- planning a safe and informative conference
- creating an awesome community around your Open Source project
- creating codes of conduct for your school or other groups of young people